When will this FAQ section be fully up and running?
Great question! I wish I had an equally great answer. I have been wanting to add a FAQ section to my site for quite some time, but life, well, has had other plans.
Wix, my webhost, just made this handy FAQ tool available and it was just the kick in the hiney that I needed to try it out. And get at least one question down!
More to come in the future...and if you have questions that you'd like me to answer in the meantime, you can always contact me via the Contact page of this site.
What kind of sketchbooks do you use?
I like to switch it up from time to time and draw in sketchbooks of varying shapes, sizes, and, perhaps most importantly, filled with different kinds of paper. Usually, I prefer spiral bound books so that the pages lay flat while I'm drawing.
But I do have some favorites that I return to frequently:
• Holbein Multi-Media Books - Thick paper that can handle wet media too.
• Canson All-Media Books - Again, thick paper for wet media...can you sense a pattern?
• Cottonwood Arts - Great variety of sizes & surfaces. I have yet to find one that isn't completely awesome!
• Earthbound by Cachet - These are the tan toned paper sketchbooks that I've used quite a bit for the Daily Zoo project.
• Moleskine - Great pocket-sized sketchbooks. My favorites are the ones with, you guessed it, thicker watercolor paper.
Try various sketchbooks out (experiment! play!) and see what you feel most comfortable with. But whichever ones you choose, do make sure they're acid free!